|Proverbs 21:17 (NIV)
He who loves pleasure will become poor;
LOOK UP THE FOLLOWING VERSES AND ANSWER THE
QUESTIONS: (If there is not enough time, skip the first two questions.)
- Proverbs 23:20 - Another warning - what does it say?
- Amos 6:1-7 - Did Israel pay attention to this warning? What happened to them?
- Luke 15:13-16 - What happened to the "prodigal son" (the son who devoted himself to partying and wild living)?
- Luke 16:24-25 - What happened to the rich man?
- 2 Timothy 3:1-5 (especially verse 4) - What will people be like during the "last days"?
THINK ABOUT IT: What are you like? How can you apply this truth to your life? What can you do with your life, besides living for pleasure?
DO SOMETHING: Pick a "real life" situation, in which you (or someone else) made the wrong choice - a choice that disobeyed this verse. Show how you (or they) could have done what is right, instead.
Dennis Hinks © 2004
Scripture quoted from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®.
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.